Apply for Aid
APPLICANT INFORMATION GRANT GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
Thank you for your interest in the requesting funds from the SVG Sports Broadcasting Fund. The following guidelines govern our giving and explain the process for applying for and receiving support.
The mission of the SVG Sports Broadcasting Fund is to provide financial support for industry professionals and their immediate families who have suffered injury, death or serious misfortune.
Funds are raised each year through the generous contributions of individuals and companies who support the sports broadcasting community. The SVG Sports Broadcasting Fund is a designated fund of the Alma Foundation Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity.
The Sports Broadcasting Fund Board Grants Committee reviews grant applications on a regular basis and gives careful consideration to those who are eligible. Thank you again for your interest, if you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An “Advocate Referee”, who can be a friend, colleague, mentor, employer or associate of the applicant, must sign off on and submit all applications with proper documentation.
- Applicants must have worked in the sports broadcasting production industry for one year.
- Immediate family members of those employed in the sports broadcasting field may be eligible for grants.
- Applicants must be US or Canadian residents.
- Grants typically do not exceed $5,000.
- Individuals may apply and receive not more than three (3) grants. Multiple gifts will be made only after all other resources are exhausted.
- All grants will paid directly to vendors, and must be used for those documented expense such as, medicine, medical equipment, rent/mortgage payments, oxygen, clothing, funeral expenses etc.
- All grants will require documentation, invoices or receipts before being paid.
- Please note, the Sports Broadcasting Fund has been established to provide short-term assistance to those in need, rather than as a long-term solution for applicants.
The Applicant’s Advocate Referee must ensure the application form is completed and submitted. Incomplete applications will not be processed. The Grant Review Committee and Board will review the requests as needed on a monthly basis. All applicants will be responded to with a decision about their request generally within ten to thirty days.
- Multiple year pledges
- Debt reduction
- Legal fees
- Fundraising events/activities
Once The Fund has made a grant, additional funding may be made available via designated funds. Designated Funds may be established by the SVG Fund on behalf of individual in need and funded thru contributions from donors who specify who their contributions are directed towards that individual. Ordinarily these funds are over and above the grants supported by the Fund. However, there may be a circumstance where these funds are raised and given in lieu of a grant from the Fund. All designated funds have a termination date of one-year after being established and are managed by an individual appointed by the Board Grants Committee.